Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome Juliana Michaels to the 3 Birds Studio Design Team

Welcome back to our second day of Design Team introductions. Please join us today, in welcoming Juliana Michaels to our 3 Birds Studio Design Team! Juliana is our also our new Design Team and Social Media Coordinator. She offers great breadth and depth to our team with lots of experience in all facets of the scrapbooking world. Keep reading to learn more about Juliana and how she found her true passion in scrapbooking and paper crafting.

To see her wonderful creations, please visit her blog: Juliana Michaels  - 17turtles

 

Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Studio Design Team MemberMy love for art and creating began at an early age thanks to my creative mother who loved to paint, sew and draw. She also loved to photograph our daily lives and kept all of our photos chronologically organized in albums. This early appreciation of art and photography helped form the base of my future love of scrapbooking and papercrafting. When I was younger, I tried nearly every craft you could imagine, including bead making, cross stitch and crochet. It wasn’t until 1997 that I finally found my true passion in paper crafts and scrapbooking, thanks to a dear friend, Carrie Anne. I can thank her for introducing me to the amazing world of scrapbooking.


Color, texture, trying new techniques and playing with new products are what I love. The products are almost always what inspire me to create whatever it is that I make, whether it be a card, a scrapbook page or an altered object/home decor item. I also get inspiration from nature, art, and home decor. You can always visit my blog (www.17turtles.com) to see my latest creations.


I have been a project designer in the paper craft and scrapbook industry since 2007 and I have been fortunate to work for many top manufacturers including: Bo Bunny, Bella Blvd, Provo Craft, and Jillibean Soup. My projects have been published in a variety of magazines and idea books and I have had projects displayed at the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show.


When I am not creating, I am a wife to my best friend and the love of my life. I am also “momma” to our four legged children, Woody, an American Paint horse and Milo, a Golden Retriever. I have a fondness for coffee, Dr. Pepper, Mexican Food, turtles and antiquing.  In my spare time I enjoy working out, cooking, gardening, and reading science fiction and historical fiction. I also work part time as a physical therapist at a local nursing home.


We are so excited to have Juliana as a member of our new 3 Birds Design Team. Fly back tomorrow as we introduce another of our new Design Team members.

3 comments:

  1. So excited to work with you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful and excited to be a part of this amazing team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to working with you again Juliana!

    ReplyDelete