Monday, March 3, 2014

Quilled Flowers and Scrapbook Pages

We love our new Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit. The quilled creations you can make are perfect for cards, but they also work well for other projects. We think you'll love this gorgeous scrapbook page created by Designer Robbie Herring and how she embellished it with beautiful quilled roses.

Hi everyone! Robbie here today to share a layout that I made combining the Quilled Cardmaking Kit with traditional scrapbooking elements.

Sweet Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio

The Cardmaking Kit has so many fabulous pieces! In addition to the quilling bits, it has some great shapes that are designed to complement the cards, but make the transition to scrapbook pages very easily. I used the red oval piece for a page design, as shown in the photo.

I also made a few simple quilled circles and glued them directly to the background paper.

Sweet Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio 02

You are probably going to see these little roses pop up again and again on my pages! Not only do I love them, but they are surprisingly simple to construct! The little instruction sheet that comes in the Quilled Cardmaking Kit shows you how to make these so easily!

In this photo, you will also see the banners across the page that I made. They were inspired by the chipboard banner that I placed along the bottom of the photo. I often like to repeat an element on my page and these banners are an example of that.

Sweet Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio 03

On my blog today, I have a short little picture tutorial on how to make banners. I could never figure out how to get the ends the same but I came up with an easy tutorial to show you how I solved this problem.

To finish off the layout, I added a couple of the tags and a little bow.

Sweet Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio 04

SWEET by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad,  Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit.

Thanks for dropping by to take a look at my page! I would love for you to go by my blog to see my Banner Tutorial, too!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure most of us have not seen quilled flowers that are neatly off the base and look like you could pluck them off the board :) This tutorial is for a double layered comb quilled flower with 3 petals. You can add 2 more petals like the one in Butterfly Garden, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] she made and used to decorate the front of this bucket. She also used these same banners on the scrapbook page Sweet, that was shared on the 3 Birds […]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've saved it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a topic that's close to my heart... Thank you! Where are your
    contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

    you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site
    is great, as well as the content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I all the time used to read paragraph in news papers
    but now as I am a user of internet therefore from now I am using
    net for posts, thanks to web.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother suggested I might like this website.
    He was entirely right. Thiis post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how
    uch time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I juszt lioe thee helpful information you supply ffor your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again right here regularly.
    I am moderately certain I will learn lots of new stuff proper here!
    Best oof lck for thee following!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are in fact great ideas in on the topic of blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious things here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so interesting! I do not believe I've truly read a single thing like that
    before. So good to discover somebody with genuine thoughts on this
    subject. Really.. many thanks for starting this up.
    This web site is something that is required on the internet, someone with
    some originality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am truly thankful to the owner of this web site who has shared this fantastic post at
    at this time.

    ReplyDelete