Monday, March 17, 2014

City Skyline Pinterest Inspiration

Welcome to our second day of Pinterest Inspiration week! Today, Designer Jana Eubank shares how a fun, graphic city skyline image inspired her to create a scrapbook page!




Hi Everyone! Jana Eubank here. This week on the 3 Birds Blog we have been creating projects inspired by images found on Pinterest. I chose to use this image as inspiration for my scrapbook page today.

Pinterest-Jana-Eubank-01

IMAGE SOURCE | Marina Zlochin on Fotolia <---> Pinterest


This image caught my eye with its friendly and quirky city buildings painted in happy, bright colors. These are colors that I haven’t seen combined before and I was anxious to give them a try.

Playing Games Scrapbook Page by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 01

First, I selected papers from the Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad in the colors found in my inspiration image. I selected papers that were mostly solid in color with subtle patterns.

Next, I used an electronic die cutting machine to cut out the building shapes. I cut the buildings again from gray cardstock to add an offset shadow behind each on. This gives them a little “lift” off of the page and they appear to have more dimension to them. I then accented my cute, city scene with glittery stars and sparkly clouds from the Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set. Pearl stickers from my stash give it a more feminine touch.

Playing Games Scrapbook Page by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 02

I really love that the Glitter & Foil set includes four different alphabets in varying colors and sizes. It makes it easy to create interesting title by mixing two or more fonts together. Here I have used the silver foil alphabet combined with the glittery, purple alphabet … delicious!

Playing Games Scrapbook Page by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 03

PLAYING GAMES SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Jana Eubank

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

Are you a Pinterest user? Do you feel inspired by the city scape image? Challenge yourself to use this image or one from your pinterest boards to inspire your next craft project

See you again soon!

Jana Eubank

3 comments:

  1. […] I have a new scrapbook page up on the 3 Birds Blog using an image I found on Pinterest as inspiration. Here’s a sneak peek. To read more about […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, this is so dang cute!! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Love how you used the pinterest image! :)

    ReplyDelete