Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Selfie Scrapbook Pages

With easy access to cameras on our phones, taking a "selfie" has become quite popular. It also makes it convenient to take photos when it might not be easy to carry a full size camera. But what can you do with these photos? Designer Katrina Hunt shares how she used 3 of these "selfies" on a scrapbook page capturing a special day for her and one of her four legged friends!




Hey 3 Birds Design fans! It’s Katrina here on the blog today to share another layout with the Graceful Season collection. If you want to get your hands on this collection, you can get it online RIGHT NOW over on the HSN site! And the entire collection will be on air on March 13th, next Thursday!

Selfie Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

I love the papers that have all the elements, but sometimes I am a little baffled at how to go about using them. I decided that if I balanced out the design on the opposite side of the page, that it would help me “fill in” the page with the rest of my layout.

This was also a great place to put my journaling tag that came from the 6x6 Mini Pad.

Selfie Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

I then just angled the main part of my layout in the middle section. I actually started my design at the top with the Hello tag from the 3D Embellishment Kit and worked my way down. You will notice that I like to add a little extra to my tags, whether it be twine or chipboard embellishments. I also used a bracket from the alphas to offset the edge of the tag a bit.

Selfie Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

Then I used the chevron arrow to draw attention, not only to my photo, but also to my title. By placing my title underneath the arrow, the eye is drawn there. Technically, the word “selfie” should have a hashtag (#) BUT, the asterisk works just fine in place of it! Try thinking about using your embellishments outside of what they are meant for. You will use up your stash and that just leaves room for new stash!

Selfie Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

*SELFIE by Katrina Hunt

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x12 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

Thanks for stopping by today. Head on over to my blog, Paper, Scissors and Glue and see another 3 Birds Design project that I have to share with you.

Katrina

1 comment: