Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Scrapbook Page Inspired by a Sheet of Paper

Have you ever been inspired to create a scrapbook page because of a piece of paper? Designer Jana Eubank was energized by one sheet of paper in our Graceful Season 12 x 12 Paper Pad and how she used that paper on her layout is inspiring as well!




Hi Everyone! Jana Eubank here. I am back with another scrapbook page featuring the Graceful Season collection. The soft florals and pretty colors of this collection have me in the mood for Spring and so I grabbed some sunny photos of my daughter and one of her favorite stuffed animals to scrapbook.

As I was flipping through the 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad I was particularly drawn to the sheet of paper with the large multi-colored chevron print. I decided that I wanted to cut this shape out and use it as a fun background for my page design. I cut the blue “v” stripe from both sheets of paper and then layered them together in opposite directions to create the diamond shape behind my photo grouping. The graphic diamond shape against the soft floral paper has my heart going pitter-patter!

Cookie Scrapbook Page by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio

The smaller photo on my page fit perfectly inside of this shimmery, sparkly stamp frame found in the Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set. I added a couple of banner strips and a dimensional flower accent from the 3D Embellishment Kit to the bottom corner

Cookie Scrapbook Page by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio

I used small detail scissors to cut out the large floral element of the cream woodgrain paper and placed this in the corner of my photo block. I layered the “On the Daily” dimensional sticker on top of a chipboard circle from the Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil set to give my embellishment a little more presence in the corner of my photo.

Cookie Scrapbook Page by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio

Finally, I added some machine stitching around the edges of the few of the elements to give the edges more presence and a bit of texture.

COOKIE by Jana Eubank

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6 x 6 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Bazzill Olivia Cardstock Stack

The pretty florals and soft colors of the papers in the Graceful Season collection get me excited for the warmer weather of Spring! What springtime memories are on your list to scrap?

Jana Eubank

0 comments:

Post a Comment