Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tic-Tac-Toe Pinterest Inspiration

We hope you're enjoying our Pinterest Inspiration week! Today, designer Mary Ann Jenkins shares a fun and easy project that is kid friendly to make and use! Read on as she takes you through the steps on how to create a Tic-Tac-Toe game using our Graceful Season papers.




Hi friends, and welcome back to Pinterest week here on the 3 Birds Studio blog. For my Pinterest inspired project, I made this fun Tic-Tac-Toe board and place markers.

Tic Tac Toe Game by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season 1

I saw this cute Tic-Tac-Toe board made of paper and felt, and thought it would be fun to make, but I didn’t have any felt on hand.

Pinterest TicTacToe Mary Ann Jenkins

IMAGE SOURCE | Marie LeBaron for Alpha Mom <---> Pinterest


I looked through my stash and found these clear glass pebbles and decided to use them as my “x” and “o” place markers. Of course I had the paper for the game board, that was the easy part ;) I started out by adhering the paper to the glass pebbles using Glossy Accents as my glue. This could also be done with Mod Podge. I covered 1 side of the pebbles with Glossy Accents, and then placed them on 2 different styles of the Graceful Season purple paper.

Tic Tac Toe Game by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season 2

DESIGNER TIP | Be sure to use plenty of Glossy Accents to completely cover 1 side of your glass pebble, also make sure to push down on the pebble as you place it on your paper to remove any air bubbles.

While the pebbles were drying, I started on my game board by cutting a piece of cardstock into a 9”x9” square, and then used a black marker to draw the lines.

Tic Tac Toe Game by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season 3

After the pebbles were dry, I cut around each piece. Next, I added my cardstock square to one of the pretty floral patterns from the Graceful Season collection, and did a quick row of machine stitching around the edge.

Tic Tac Toe Game by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season 4

TIC TAC TOE GAME by Mary Ann Jenkins

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad

This was such a fun and easy project to make, and definitely something that kids could help put together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment