Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cupcake Pinterest Inspiration

Welcome, as we continue our week of Pinterest Inspiration! We hope you have been enjoying how our designers are sharing things that inspire them with their scrapbooking and paper crafting projects. Today, Designer Robbie Herring shares how a photo of some cupcakes inspired an amazing scrapbook page!




Hi everyone! It's Robbie today. I'm excited that we are sharing projects that are inspired by all the wonderful things we find on Pinterest! I love that site and I probably spend entirely too much time on it. I affectionately refer to it as a time sucker. When I log on, I find that time just has a way of disappearing. It's weird... I would swear that I was just on it for a little while, but somehow, my clock will forward and hour or two!

With all the inspiration out there, it was hard to choose what to use. Since cupcakes are all the rage right now, I decided to use this photo as my inspiration to create a scrapbook page. In addition to the layout that I came up with based on some elements in the inspiration photo, I also have a card to share on my blog today at Just The Scrap. I hope you'll stop by and check it out!

Pinterest Cupcakes

IMAGE SOURCE | Hello Naomi <---> Pinterest


Starting with circles that mimic the tops of the cupcakes seemed appropriate. Circles are such an easy thing to cut and placing them in a grid pattern gives you a simple background design.

Because my design was so linear, I printed two photos and layered and tilted them. I wanted to draw the eye to the photo, as well as to give my design an element that wasn't perfectly aligned for added interest.

Forever Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection 01

Although I changed the colors I used from the colors used in the inspiration photo, I kept the basic idea of using just a few colors for my color palette.

I added stitching in place of icing and mimicked the design of the swirls on one of the cupcakes. The quilled roses and leaves were perfect for roses to finish off the design. I used two strips of scalloped paper to make this large rose.

The title pieces are already glittered and ready to use, so I just layered them right on top of the lower circles.

Forever Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection 02

Again, I layered chipboard and quilled roses. In this photo you can also see the green circle. Since this paper had lines on it, instead of using the lines in the inspiration photo that went from the center out, I chose to make my lines diagonally. It still has the feel of the inspiration photo, but worked better with the paper that I chose.

Forever Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection 03

Finally, I'm a sucker for polka dots and I didn't want to leave out one of my favorite things! I thought about using pearls or even painting dots, but ultimately chose to use more quilled paper. I cut some strips into fourths and quilled them tight for dots.

Forever Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection 04

FOREVER SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6 x 6 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit.

Don't forget to stop by my blog, Just The Scrap, to take a peek at a card that I made using the same inspiration photo and a couple of additional tips!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my page today!

Robbie Herring

1 comment:

  1. […] Next, we have a card created by Robbie Herring using our Quilled Cardmaking Kit. The beautiful quilled roses and hand stitching add a special touch and make this card extra special indeed! She originally created this to coordinate with her Pinterest inspired Forever Scrapbook Page. […]

    ReplyDelete