Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Quilled Flower Card and Quilling Comb Video

It’s Katrina today and I am going to show you a fun way to quill flowers for your project. I made a card, but these flowers will work on altered art, scrapbook pages, tags, gift boxes, etc.

Quilled Flower Card by Katrina Hunt #3birdsdesign #quilling #card #quilleaseI love the rolled flowers that you can make with the quilling tool, but I wanted a different look to my flowers. I mean, flowers are all different in nature, right?! I searched around on the Internet and found that people were making flowers with quilling combs or using hair combs as a substitute for a quilling comb. I found a few videos on how to make these, but the videos I found didn’t have a lot of detail about the entire process. So, I made my own video on how I made the flowers for my card.

http://youtu.be/MQfJIn0RPJY

Here is a close up of where I used the flower that I made in the video. And how cool is that “Quill Ease” Quilling Tool?! Love it!

Quilled Flower Card by Katrina Hunt #3birdsdesign #quilling #card #quilleaseI actually used the back of one of the pre-made cards from the Graceful Season’s Quilled Cardmaking kit. I wanted a front without an opening. Instead, I put the opening on the inside of the card and used it as an area for my sentiment to go.

Quilled Flower Card by Katrina Hunt #3birdsdesign #quilling #card #quilleaseI backed the opening with some of the Midday Medley pattern paper and then used one of the stickers from the Sticker Flair kit that will be debuting on HSN next week!

I hope you enjoyed my project and the video. Let me know in the comments if you did. I may try to make some more videos in the future. Have a great day and get to crafting with your 3 Birds Design goodies!

Katrina Hunt - Paper, Scissors and Glue

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit,  Midday Medley 12 x 12 Paper Pad, Sticker Flair Set, Quill Ease Quilling Tool

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card and I love the video tutorial! I can't wait to try this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Katrina!! What a neat quilling technique using the comb. Awesome video too, I enjoyed watching the process!

    ReplyDelete