Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 4th Wreath using Midday Medley & Graceful Seasons Collections

Hi Everyone! Chasity here today to share a quick and easy Home Decor Project with you. With all the fireworks displays, Americana apparel and delicious grilled items to focus on when July 4th rolls around, it’s easy to forget what this holiday is really about: patriotism. It’s, at its heart, a celebration of the 1776 adoption of the Declaration of Independence, and the founding of a country based on equality, freedom, and opportunity.  July 4th Wreath by Chasity Sivanick for #3birdsdesign #gracefulseasons #middaymeadley #homedecorI created this wreath to hang on my front door to remind me of what this fantastic holiday is really about! I started with a basic grapevine wreath from my local craft store. I chose to use the pattern paper from the Graceful Seasons Collection, and the awesome glitter paper from the Midday Medley Collection. I created some fun embellishments to decorate my wreath that are simple to make. I also used some embellishments from the Graceful Seasons 3D Embellishments Kit, and Chipboard Shapes.

The rosettes start out as paper strips cut 1 1/2" wide by 12" long. Score the strip every 1/2" the length of the strip, then accordion fold the paper on the scored lines. Glue the ends together to create a circle. Next, stand the rosette upright and press the center edge down towards the table to form the rosette shape. Glue the rosette to a circle base on the back, then decorate the front to your desire! July 4th Wreath by Chasity Sivanick for #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #gracefulseasons #homedecorThe rolled flowers really pop with the glitter paper from the Midday Medley Collection! I just love how easy it is the cut the glitter paper, and that the glitter stays put! Rolled flowers can be hand cut, or cut on a die cutting machine, just remember to roll with the glitter to the inside, since that's the part of the flower you will see.July 4th Wreath by Chasity Sivanick for #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #gracefulseasons #homedecor

July 4th Wreath by Chasity Sivanick for #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #gracefulseasons #homedecorThe last embellishments I created for the wreath were the pinwheels! I just love pinwheels on the 4th of July! These are super simple to make as well. Start with 2 coordinating patterns and cut them into 2 1/2" squares. Glue them together, back to back. Cut from the corners, one at a time, towards the center of the square. Be sure to stop about a 1/2" from the center. This is where you will glue later. Take alternating corners, bend them down into the center of the square, and adhere. I used a glue gun on all of my embellishments to make sure they held in place. Then I added some rhinestones, buttons and twine to dress them up!

I covered a wood piece with the Blue Word Paper from the Graceful Seasons Collection and decorated it with the chipboard from Graceful Seasons Sticky Sparkly Chipboard Set. I glued it to a paper straw then just inserted it into the wreath. I did this so I can use this wreath for Labor Day and Memorial Day simply by creating the same square embellishment, just changing the Holiday, and swapping them out! 3 Holidays, 1 Wreath! July 4th Wreath by Chasity Sivanick for #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #gracefulseasons #homedecorI hope you enjoyed my project today! Have a wonderful, relaxing Holiday weekend with family and friends!

SUPPLIES | Graceful Seasons Paper Pack, Graceful Seasons Sticky Sparkly Chipboard Shapes, Graceful Seasons 3D Embellishments, Midday Medley Glitter Paper (coming soon) Offray Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Straw, Mini Rhinestones, Baker's Twine.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment