Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Decorated Notebook Using Paper Scraps

Hello and welcome! Juliana here from 17turtles! Today, I want to share a quick and easy project that I made using paper scraps from one of my recent 3 Birds Studio projects.

Using Scraps to decorate a notebook by Juliana Michaels using 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

You might have noticed, that I really love my scraps! The green patterned paper you see on my project is part of the scraps I had when I die cut the hearts that I used on this card: Love You More. (You may also recall, that I used some scraps to make that card!)

I really couldn't bear to throw that die cut heart scrap away, so I put it to the side and waited for an idea to strike. It came when I decided to alter the cover of a notebook I recently bought for $1 at Michaels. I thought it would be fun to "dress it up" and give it as a gift to my niece. You really can't beat that price for a gift and once you add some paper, chipboard stickers and ribbon to it, it becomes the perfect "handmade with love" kind gift that any one would cherish!

Using Scraps to decorate a notebook by Juliana Michaels using 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

I began by wrapping a length of ribbon around the notebook and tying it into a bow on the side. I then selected various scraps of patterned paper from several of my previous projects to decorate the cover. I trimmed the die cut heart piece and layered it onto the red patterned paper before placing it behind the glittered chipboard frame.

Next, I choose some chipboard pieces to layer and use as a sentiment on the front of the notebook. When I was layering the pieces, I thought the "It's A Beautiful Life" piece was a little lost on the white banner piece, so I punched a circle from a scrap of the black patterned paper to layer behind it. You can see now how the black helps it stand out more against the pieces behind it.

Using Scraps to decorate a notebook by Juliana Michaels using 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.comIT'S A BEAUTIFUL LIFE NOTEBOOK by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Paper Pad and 6 x 6 Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter and Foil Kit

Every gift needs a card to go with it, don't you think? Head on over to my blog to see the coordinating card I created with more of my paper scraps!

HUGS!
Juliana Michaels

 

5 comments: