Monday, April 14, 2014

A Set of Cards as a Birthday Gift

Hi everyone! It's Robbie today and I'm sharing a card that I made for an upcoming birthday. Sounds simple enough, but there is a twist to it!

Do you have someone who is particularly difficult to buy for? Do you know a shut in or even someone who isn't crafty, that would love to send a handmade card? Today I have a simple solution, that just might be the perfect gift for some of those people on your birthday list.

Set of Cards as a Gift by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com www.3birdsdesign.com

I created this little birthday card using the Quilled Cardmaking Kit. Did you notice that there is a BIG bow tied around it? That bow holds a bit of a surprise. There are four cards and four envelopes behind it!

Set of Cards as a Gift by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com www.3birdsdesign.com

In addition to the birthday card that I made for the recipient, I also made a few more cards to go with it as the gift. This way, the recipient has a variety of cards to pass on. I know there are times in my life when I'm scrambling for a card and I love having some ready-to-go cards on hand, so I thought this would make a great gift idea!

DESIGNER TIPS | CREATING A SET OF CARDS AS A GIFT

To make these in a jiffy, don't overthink the designs. Try keeping to one basic design. The Quilled Card Kit is so pretty already that it really is easy to come up with several cards at a time!

Vary the sentiments. Think about adding a thank you card, a birthday card, a sympathy card or even a basic friendship card. This way, the recipient has a card in a pinch.

Finally, I bet it would be great to receive some forever stamps in one of the envelopes!

Set of Cards as a Gift by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com www.3birdsdesign.com

A SET OF CARDS AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 6x6 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit

Thanks so much for stopping by today to take a look at my idea!

Robbie

2 comments:

  1. Too clever and way too cute!!!!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete