Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fussy Cutting Scrapbook Page

Have you tried your hand at fussy cutting? What is fussing cutting you ask? Fussing cutting is when you select and cut out a specific area of the paper. Designer Robbie Herring shares some fabulous fussing cutting with us today on a gorgeous scrapbook page featuring a simple everyday photo.




Hi! It's Robbie today. I want to share a layout that I made with the Graceful Seasons Collection. This time, I used the orange and black elements as my base. I love the teal blue and creamy accents that make this mix of colors fabulous!

Everyday Ordinary Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring using 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

I did a lot of fussy cutting for this one. After cutting out the floral pattern on the paper, I layered it over the black paper, added orange paper to the top and covered the seams with a green ribbon.

Everyday Ordinary Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring using 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.comI wanted to continue the floral garden feel around the photo. To do this, I layered a few chipboard pieces and a few layered stickers. The glitter and foil that are added, give these even more detail and I love the dimension that layering them adds.

To finish off the design, I added more chipboard and layered stickers in the upper corner. Again, lots of dimension and detail are added into the elements which makes designing with them easy!

Everyday Ordinary Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring using 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

EVERYDAY ORDINARY SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad,  Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my page!

Robbie Herring

1 comment: