Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Birdhouse Gift Box

Hi Everyone! Jana Eubank here. Each month I visit a few ladies in my neighborhood and each time I go to see them I like to take them a little gift of some kind. Since it is Springtime I thought it would be fun to create a birdhouse shaped box cut on my digital die cutting machine.

Bird house gift box by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection available on HSN.com

The inspiration for my paper choices for the birdhouse was spring itself! While I was out on a walk the other day I noticed the purple crocus flowers pushing their heads up through the ground, as well as bunches of purple rockcress making its appearance in the rock walls around the neighborhood. I used these flowers as my cue and chose to go with the small purple floral paper from the Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad. For the roof, I selected the complimentary gray and white polka dot.

Bird house gift box by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection available on HSN.com

This cute box is a cut file designed by SVG Cuts. I just love the way the roof comes off. It’s the perfect size for a small bottle of fragrant hand lotion and a handful of treats.

I decorated the front of the birdhouse with pieces from the Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set. The dimensional “Grateful” banner sticker looks so cute and welcoming hanging above the opening to the birdhouse and the flowers were the perfect accents to the die cut leaves.

Bird house gift box by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season collection available on HSN.com

BIRDHOUSE GIFT BOX by Jana Eubank

SUPPLIES  | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

I hope this gift box will bring a little springtime to the homes of the ladies I will be visiting. And I might just make an extra one to adorn my kitchen sink window for a bit of sunshine in my own home. Have you made any gift boxes or home décor to decorate your home this Springtime?

See you next time!

Jana Eubank

2 comments:

  1. Darling birdhouse...I'd love having you for my Visiting Teacher!

    ReplyDelete