Thursday, April 17, 2014

Baptism Scrapbook Page

Happy Friday 3 Birds Fans! It's Juliana from 17turtles. Today, I want to share a very special scrapbook page with you. These photos are from the baptism of my great niece this past July. It was such a wonderful experience. My husband and I feel so blessed to have been a part of this moment and I wanted to create a special scrapbook page to record this special day.

As soon as I saw the Graceful Season collection, I knew it would be perfect for scrapbooking the photos from the baptism. I choose to do a regular 12 x 12 layout of these photos of my great niece being baptized. I have three other photos from this moment that I wanted to keep together in my album however, I choose to put them in a pocket style page. To see my coordinating pocket style scrapbook page entitled "Joy" and to learn some tips for using layered embellishments in pocket page protectors, please visit my blog: 17turtles.Today It is True Baptism Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

I was inspired by the stain glass windows in the background of the photos to create the triangle shaped pieces that I placed behind the photos and other embellishments.

To help ground the triangle shapes, I cut 1/2" strips from the green patterned paper then layered them over the triangles in various places. This also helps to draw the eye over the page and at the same time keeping your focused on the photos.

Today It is True Baptism Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

DESIGNER TIP | To get the look of stitching or a border without using a sewing machine, take a marker and ruler and draw a border or stitches along the outer edge of the paper.

I love to layer embellishments and the Sticky Sparkly chipboard pieces are perfect for this. I selected a variety of shapes that coordinated with the papers I was using and clustered them in the bottom right hand corner.

Today It is True Baptism Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

TODAY IT IS TRUE SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter and Foil Kit

Thanks so much for taking a look at this special scrapbook page and I hope it inspires you to record these memorable moments in your life as well! And don't forget you can visit my blog to see the other photos that I scrapped from this day using a pocket page style.

HUGS!!!
Juliana

2 comments:

  1. […] blessed to have been a part of this day with my family. As you may recall, I recently shared a baptism layout of my great niece and because they were both baptized on the same day, I wanted to use the Graceful […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the admin of this website is genuinely working hard
    in support of his web page, since here every stuff is quality based information.

    ReplyDelete