Thursday, April 10, 2014

How Repetition Can Make Scrapbooking Easy

Using repetition in a layout is a great way to embellish your page without a lot of thought or time! 3 Bird’s Graceful Season is a great collection to do this with.

Katrina here to share a “Rainy Day” layout. April showers bring May flowers, right?! I used a lot of repetition on this page and if you look you can see it easily.

Rainy Days Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

The first obvious thing is the umbrella theme. I cut a couple of different umbrella shapes out with my Silhouette Cameo using multiple pattern papers. Then I moved them around until I got an order of the way I wanted them on the page. I knew I wanted one to offset the picture, so I tucked it in the corner. If you look at the picture area, all the layers seem to have movement from the left to the right. The 3D Embellishment Kit helped with that feel of movement.

Rainy Days Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

If you notice, the umbrellas also have repeating patterns on them. I placed sequins randomly to replicate rain, but if you look closely they have a repeating theme around the umbrellas. And then I used multiple clouds from the Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Chipboard set. Which, since they are “silver lined” I thought they were perfect!

Rainy Days Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x12 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

So, try some repeating on your next layout. It will save you time and you will find that once you start doing it, you may just keep wanting to do it more!

Over on my blog, I have another umbrella themed project, so be sure to stop by. And don't forget to grab your 3 Birds Graceful Season collection from HSN while you're at it!

Katrina Hunt

 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete