Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Altered Clipboard with 3 Birds Studio

Hello and Happy Thursday! Katrina Hunt here to share with you one of my favorite things to alter - a clipboard. It’s a way to be creative and have something to hang on your wall and enjoy. Today I am sharing a clipboard that I altered with the Graceful Season collection.

Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

I started by pulling out my 12x12 paper pad and my clipboard. I had a few bigger pieces of scraps, so I played around until I found one that would fit and that I liked.

Selecting Paper for Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection  3birdsdesign.com

If you buy a clipboard at a craft store, chances are it will have a removable clip. I got mine at Michael’s, but any craft store will probably have them. It’s easier to decorate if you can remove the clip. After doing that I covered my entire clipboard in matte medium gel and then placed my paper on it. I trimmed the edges with an X-acto knife and then found the holes and “remade” them, so I would know where to put the clip.

Hole placement on Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection 3birdsdesign.com

I then started making the layers for my picture to be placed on. Once I figured them out, I adhered them all together and then placed the entire piece straight on the clipboard.

Adding Layers on Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection 3birdsdesign.com

Next, I got busy decorating! I added the “I Adore You” embellishment from the 3D Embellishment set. I have been hoarding that piece, but thought it looked perfect on here!

Decorating the Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection 3birdsdesign.com

I cut a doily on my Cameo out of a piece from the 6x6 mini pad. I wanted it to “hang” from the top. Once I got it down, I reattached the clip and then decorated it with a bow.

Decorating the Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection 3birdsdesign.com

I added the “this happened” from the Sticky, Sparkly, Glitter & Foil set at the top of my picture. The chipboard is self adhesive, but I wanted a little pop to it, so I just attached it with foam adhesive.

Decorating the Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection 3birdsdesign.com

My final step was to add one of the chipboard labels with all their names on it and the date.

Decorating the Altered Clipboard by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio using the Graceful Season Collection 3birdsdesign.com

ALTERED CLIPBOARD by Katrina Hunt

 

SUPPLIES | Supply Listing:  Graceful Season 12 x12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

You should try altering a clipboard! They are so much fun to make. I know if you try one, you will become just as addicted to making them as I am!

To see how I used this same photo on a scrapbook page, head on over on my personal blog - Paper Scissors and Glue. Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments: