Thursday, July 10, 2014

Creating a Scrapbook Page in 30 Minutes or Less

Hi everyone. It's Robbie today. I am sharing a layout that I made with the Midday Medley Collection. I have been traveling lately and I'm behind on everything, so I thought today's layout would be the perfect time to share how easily and quickly 3 Birds products make a layout come together.

This layout was done in less than 30 minutes! Actually probably closer to 20 if you really want to know the truth! It is important that you should know that I usually take FOREVER to commit to a final design. Not today!
Zoo Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedleyAs you can see, I used a lot of stickers for this basic design. With all the different kinds of stickers available in the Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Kit and Sticker Flair Set, the design was easy.

Zoo Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedleyHowever, I'm all about the little details. So, when I was editing the photo, I realized that I still wanted a bit more. I pulled out another sticker, added a few quilling circles and took a new photo. This was more like it, however I still wasn't quite happy with it.

Zoo Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedleyIt may seem small, but I added a few punched flowers behind 3 of the quilling circles. Yes, a tiny detail, but it pulled the yellow that I loved into a few smaller places which made me happier with the balance. At this point, I also decided to add a title. Done! Still fast at under 40 minutes!

Zoo Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedleyIn this photo, you can see where I added the tiny punched flowers. Because my photo was raised, I added a couple of foam dots to the back of the heart sticker to make it layer better.

Zoo Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedleyThe sticker that was originally used as a design element seemed like to a good place to add a title. The small alphabets in the Sticker Flair Kit fit perfectly. A few more details and it's finished!

Zoo Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedleyDESIGNER TIP | Tips for speed

  • Don't use a lot of paper. Because 3 Birds does such a beautiful job with their stickers and embellishments, you can get away with this.

  • Stickers! They are already done for you. Shapes, words, layers, borders... 3 Birds does it all!

  • Stick with what you know. I almost always add ribbon and flowers, so I pulled them out at the beginning and didn't spend forever searching for a lot of extras.


Zoo Day by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley 12 x 12 Paper and Vellum Pad, Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit, Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Pad, Midday Medley Sticker Flair Kit, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit, Quill Ease Quilling Tool

Thanks for stopping by to see my page!

Robbie

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I am currently playing catch-up on posts, as I am one of those who haven't been receiving them, but was able to find the directions so I can 'get notifications' now. I too am a FLOWER FANATIC and LOVE LAYERS, so this 'quickie' version was good for me to say. I ALSO take HOURS to do a layout, even taking photos of it as I move things around and create different versions until I feel it's "Just right" lol Tweet, tweet, tweet & SCRAP ON!

    ReplyDelete