Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Scrap A Different Size with 3 Birds Design

Do you feel like you are stuck in a creative rut with your scrapbook pages? Are you doing the same thing over and over again? Designer Katrina Hunt shares with us a way to get you out of that design rut and back on track!




I discovered a few years ago, that I would start making the same pages in design and just change an embellishment here or there. As soon as I noticed it, I decided I wanted to change it. But how to get out of doing it?

I'm not really a challenge site type of person, so I had to come up with something that would work for me. I'm usually a 12 x 12 scrapper, but I decided to try an 8.5 x 11 size for something different. I loved it and it helped me stop repeating the same design!

Here is my 8.5 x 11 landscape view scrapbook page created using the Graceful Season Collection. I also created an 8.5 x 11 portrait view page, that you can see by visiting my blog: Paper, Scissors and Glue.

Happiness Is Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

You will have to adapt your process and think along a smaller scale. I do both landscape and portrait view layouts and just mix them in my regular 12 x 12 albums.

I loved the little speech bubble that is in the Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil set. So, I had to use it where she is sneaking in the box of cupcakes!

Happiness Is Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

Another thing I love is to mix my titles up with different fonts, letters, etc. The Sticky Sparkly Glitter and Foil set comes with 4 different alphas! Plus, there are words, like “happiness” seen here, that are great to use for titles.

Happiness Is Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds StudioAnd the 3D Embellishments are so fun to use. They give great dimension to your project and are so elegant. I am trying to keep myself from hoarding them!

Happiness Is Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio

HAPPINESS IS by Katrina Hunt

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x12 Paper Pad, 6x6  Paper Pad, 3D Embellishment Kit and Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

Don't forget, you can visit my blog, Paper, Scissors and Glue, to see an 8.5 x 11 portrait view layout that I created using the Graceful Season collection.

Katrina

0 comments:

Post a Comment