Sunday, March 16, 2014

Color Wheel Pinterest Inspiration

Welcome to Pinterest Inspiration Week here on the 3 Birds Studio Blog! Each day one of our designers will share an image they found on Pinterest and the project it inspired them to create using our Graceful Season collection. Which by the way is now available on HSN.com. Designer Juliana Michaels starts us off with a fun scrapbook page that was inspired by a color wheel image. We think you'll find it "wheelie" interesting!




Hi 3 Birds Fans! It's Juliana here from 17turtles. I don't know about you, but I have a love hate relationship with Pinterest. I love all of the inspiration I find as I look around, but I hate how it sucks you in and the next thing you know two hours have passed! I'm sure many of you know exactly what I mean.

Love This Moment Scrapbook Page Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Seasons Collection

I began by looking through images that showed up on the main screen when I logged into my Pinterest account. This page shows you images from people that you are "following" on Pinterest.They always seem to share things that I find inspiring and I was not disappointed on the day when I was looking for an image for this project. The image I ended up selecting inspired me to create a scrapbook page.

Selena and Lily Color Theory Image used as Inspiration for scrapbook page

IMAGE SOURCE | Serena & Lily


This is the image I found. I was immediately drawn to the color wheel idea of it and thought it would be fun to select various colors from the Graceful Season collection to create a similar pattern. I could also envision how a photo title and journaling could be placed near the center of the design and still allow the different colors to be visible.


To create my layout, I began by making a color wheel image and turned it into a digital cut file for my Silhouette Cameo. If you are interested in using this color wheel shape, please visit my blog 17turtles to download it for FREE.


Template-For-Paper-Placement-Tip-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-01

Once I had the cut file created, I cut the shape from white cardstock to use as a template for placing the various colored pieces of patterned paper onto my background paper.

DESIGNER TIP | Creating a template can help you determine where to place die cut shapes on your page.

Template-For-Paper-Placement-Tip-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-01

I then selected 12 different colors and patterns of paper trying to follow the idea of the colors used in the inspiration image. I then cut out a pie shape from each of the papers and then adhered them to my background papers using the template as a guide for where to place them.  The shiny strips in the image are where I applied adhesive and they are waiting for the next pieces of paper to be adhered.Template-For-Paper-Placement-Tip-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-01

As you might have noticed, I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edge of each of the patterned paper pieces before I adhered them to my layout.
use-Washi-Tape-to-Secure-Loose-Threads-when-sewing-on-Paper-Tip-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-02

I have found that applying a small piece of washi tape on the back side of the paper helps hold the loose threads in place.

Love This Moment Scrapbook Page Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Seasons Collection

To complete the layout, I added chipboard foil letters, glittered words and glittered stars to embellish my page. I also added small circles of silver that I punched from a piece of the silver foil paper that is in the Graceful Season 6x6 Foil Paper Pad.

Love This Moment Scrapbook Page Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Seasons Collection

LOVE THIS MOMEMT SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Foil Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter and Foil Kit

I hope you enjoyed the scrapbook page I shared with you and that you find yourself looking at Pinterest in new and different ways now. Don't forget to visit my blog to download the FREE digital cut file I used on my scrapbook page. I also have another layout and tutorial to share with you using this same die cut shape in a completely different way. I'd love for you to stop by and see it for yourself!

HUGS!
Juliana Michaels

 

1 comment:

  1. […] Michaels. This layout was created as an extra project for her blog when she also created her Love This Moment scrapbook page during our Pinterest Inspiration […]

    ReplyDelete