Thursday, March 6, 2014

Birthday Greetings Card and Gift Set

Receiving a handmade birthday card and gift is something that just about everyone enjoys and the Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit makes them a snap to create. We think you'll be inspired to make your next birthday card, and maybe even a gift, after you see the birthday card and gift set that Designer Juliana Michaels has created using this fabulous kit.




Hi everyone, Juliana Michaels here and I must say, I have completely fallen in love with the Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit. This kit is perfect for making a wide variety of cards for any theme you can think of. I choose to create a birthday card and coordinating gift using the kit because of some upcoming birthdays in the family.

Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio

I created my card by using one of the cards that comes with the Quilled Cardmaking Kit.  Next, I selected several die cuts to decorate the card. I like the polka dot banner piece and cut it into two pieces, placing one above and one below the framed opening.

Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio

I then created three quilled flowers. I glued the green swirls to the flowers before attaching each flower to the card with a glue dot. Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio

I selected a sentiment and adhered it to the inside of the card, placing it so that you can see it through the opening on the front. I love how these openings make the card a little more fun and interactive, but giving you a peek of the inside of the card.

Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio

To create my gift piece, I selected one of the shadow box cards and assembled it following the instructions that come with the kit.

Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio

Instead of the plain white background, I cut a piece of patterned paper to fill the opening. I then used one of the small journaling cards from the 6x6 paper pad and another strip of patterned paper to further decorate the base of the shadow box.

To embellish the shadow box, I created more of the same quilled flowers so that it would match my card. I used one of the quilling strips to give the look of grass along the bottom of the opening.Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio I then created two quilled butterflies. The kit includes instructions on how to create a simple butterfly, but if you are interested in a more detailed version like the one I created, then click over to visit my blog, 17turtles, for a simple tutorial.Birthday Greetings Quilled Birthday Set by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS QUILLED BIRTHDAY SET by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit, Graceful Season 6 x 6 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 12 x 12 Paper Pad

I love how this birthday set turned out and I am sure the person who receives it will love it too! Don't forget to click on over to my blog for the Quilled Butterfly Tutorial.

HUGS!

Juliana Michaels

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Juliana!! I love the color combination that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome inspiration ldaies. All these cards are fantastic! Just wanted to say a big Thank You for picking my card in the Top 5 for last week. I'm already displaying my blinkie with pride :~) Thanks again!Big Hugs,Andie xx

    ReplyDelete