Monday, March 24, 2014

Our Story Home Decor

Creating a hand made home decor piece can be simple with the use of 3 Birds Studio products and a plain wooden frame. Designer Juliana Michaels shares how easy it is to create your own home decor piece that you can then display in your own home or give as a gift.


Hello everyone! Juliana here from 17turtles. I love to create home decor pieces using my paper crafting and scrapbooking supplies. How about you? Have you ever tried something like this?

Today I'm sharing with you how easy it is to decorate a simple wooden frame using the 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season collection.  I started with a simple wooden frame. This one was in my stash of things to "alter", but any plain, flat surfaced frame will work.

Our Story Altered Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

Our Story Altered Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

Before going any farther, I went through my Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and selected the "Our Story" sticker to place inside the frame instead of a photo. This sticker helped guide the rest of my choices when it came to decorating the frame.

My next step was to select a piece of coordinating patterned paper to cover the frame. Once I had chosen the paper I wanted to use, I adhered it to the frame using my Scotch ATG Gun. I then used a X-acto knife to remove the excess paper around the outside edge and inside the opening of the frame. I used a brown ink and sponge applicator to ink the edges of the paper.

Our Story Altered Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.com

To fill the opening, I selected a piece of gold foil and another coordinating piece of patterned paper and trimmed them to fit inside the opening of the frame where a photo would normally be placed. I then adhered a strand of gold sequin trim around the outside edge of the frame using hot glue. To complete the frame, I added the two floral stickers from the 3D Embellishment Kit. I just love the gold foil accents and dimensional quality of these stickers!

Our Story Altered Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season Collection available on HSN.comOUR STORY HOME DECOR by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12x12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Foil Paper PadGraceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit

I hope you enjoyed this simple, yet elegant looking home decor piece. We would love to see how you use 3 Birds Studio products. Feel free to share them with us on our 3 Birds Facebook Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment