Monday, March 10, 2014

Using Your Scraps

Do you keep your left over paper scraps after you are finished crafting? If so, what do you do with them? Designer Mary Ann shares a fun scrapbook page she created using her scraps and we think you'll be inspired to pull out your scraps for your next project.




It’s Mary Ann here today, with a layout using some of my scraps, and a few coordinating embellishments.

Adventure Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio

To start my layout, I cut the shape of the United States with my die cutting machine. This could also be done easily by searching for a United States map image online, then tracing and cutting out the shape by hand. Next, I added some coordinating pieces from the Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil chipboard set.

Adventure Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio

I also cut out the shape of Montana, and added the chipboard star to highlight where the photo was taken.

Adventure Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio

And now for the paper scraps, I gathered all my left over scraps that I had saved from other projects, and pulled all the pieces that color-coordinated with my photo. I then cut those pieces into small strips. I cut them all by hand instead of with my paper trimmer so all of the edges would have more of a mismatched look. To complete my layout, I adhered the strips around the edge of my cardstock, and then sewed a few rows of “messy stitching”.

Adventure Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio

ADVENTURE by Mary Ann Jenkins

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season Premium 12x12 Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set That's if for today.

Thanks for stopping by the 3 Birds Studio Blog!

Mary Ann Jenkins

2 comments:

  1. Mary Ann, this is so awesome!! Love the way you embellished it to show the story and great use of your scraps, too! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Mary Ann! The way you did the map and the scraps around the edges is so fun!

    ReplyDelete