Thursday, June 5, 2014

Introducing Chasity Sivanick from 3 Birds

Hello there friends! I am Chasity Sivanick, from 3 Birds, and I am really excited to be a part of the blog this month! Here at 3Birds Studio I do Product Development. I have been an avid scrapbooker for 17 years, and joined 3 Birds 7 years ago. When I had the rare opportunity to combine my passion with my job, I knew I was both very lucky and blessed. And I just happen to have the best job on the planet! It still gives me goose bumps when a new product comes in to the studio, and I get to see it for the first time. I’m like a kid in a candy store! But we made the candy! I truly hope you guys are enjoying the new products from 3 Birds Studio, and I would like to recognize our amazingly awesome Design Team. I am humbled to be working with the talented greatness of these ladies. They inspire me with their creativity and projects every day! Let’s here it for these ladies!

Chasity Sivanick




Today I would like to share with you a card I made for an on air sample on HSN. It features the newest collection from the nest, Midday Medley. I just love how all of the products coordinate seamlessly! This is something we have been working on in the studio.

Happy Birthday Window Card by Chasity Sivanick for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #birthdaycardI began by cutting and scoring my chevron green cardstock from the paper pad to create a 5 ½” x 6” folded card. Then I picked a grouping of Nestable Stickers that fit perfectly on the front of the card. That’s a bonus using the Sticker Nestables, you can use them individually, or group them together for a completely different look!

Happy Birthday Window Card by Chasity Sivanick for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #birthdaycard

I used the reverse side of the sticker, sticky side up, and traced the center circle on the front of my card so I would know what size to cut the circle window in the card. After trimming the circle, I adhered the Sticker Nestables to the front of the card. Next I added the glitter paper from the 8” x 8” Glitter Pad and the green circle Nestable sticker to the inside of the card, lining it up with the window. I added 2 of the 3D Embellishment stickers to the card. The “Happy Birthday” banner sticker is on the front of the card, and the speech bubble sticker is in the window. I also added a border to the bottom of the card from a Sticker Nestable and the orange grid cardstock from the paper pad.

Happy Birthday Window Card by Chasity Sivanick for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #birthdaycard

 

I wanted to feature the printed vellum, so I came up with the idea for a vellum feather. I choose the hexagon pattern printed vellum and folded it in half so the pattern overlapped perfectly. I glued the wire in between the 2 layers, and then cut the vellum in the shape of the feather around the wire. I cut horizontal lines on both sides of the wire to create the look of a feather. Last step, I added the pink bow and some foam adhesive squares to the back of the feather, then placed it on the card!

Happy Birthday Window Card by Chasity Sivanick for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #birthdaycard

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WINDOW CARD by Chasity Sivanick

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Vellum & Paper Pack, Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Kit, Midday Medley 3D Embellishments

Hope you enjoyed the card! And THANK YOU for letting me share my card and be a part of your day!
Chasity

5 comments:

  1. I love this card! The feather is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEY Chasity!!!!!!!! Great to see your beautiful face here!!!! You GO girl!!!! Tweet, tweet, tweet! Keep up the AWESOME work and gorgeous projects!!!!! Hugs from NW Michigan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chasity, I LOVE this card! That feather is fantastic! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So happy to see Chasity here! I LOVE this! That feather is just plain AWESOME! Such a fun use of the vellum papers!

    ReplyDelete