Sunday, June 15, 2014

Playing With Patterned Paper

Hi friends, it’s Mary Ann here today with a layout to share using the new Midday Medley collection.

When my 12x12 Paper & Vellum pad arrived, one of the first things that caught my eye was the cute black paper with the hand drawn frames. I loved the look, and knew I wanted to make a layout with it, but I wasn’t sure how to add my photos. After pushing the photos around here and there, I got the idea to add them to the back of the paper so it looked like the pictures were actually framed by the paper.

Adored Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

To start my layout, I cut out a framed area where I wanted to add a photo. I’m not too good at using an x-acto knife, so I just used my scissors to cut out each shape. After I had each area cut out, I added my photos to back of the paper. I also cut out a few extra shapes and added the fancy pink and white striped paper behind those.

Adored Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

Next I added the sweet little “adored” shaker box from the Midday Medley 3D Embellishment kit. I love the shaker boxes, the gold sequins inside look so pretty and sparkly on my layout! They would be so cute on a card too!

Adored Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

To finish my layout, I fussy cut the flowers from one of the other Midday Medley papers, and added them with foam tape for a bit of added dimension. I also added a few pearls from my stash, and wrote my journaling with a white Uni-Ball Signo pen.

Adored Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

ADORED by Mary Ann Jenkins

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Premium Paper Pads, Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit (products coming soon to HSN)

Thanks so much for stopping by the 3 Birds blog today! Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what Juliana has to share.

Mary Ann

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the patterned paper on this layout!

    ReplyDelete