Monday, June 9, 2014

Friends and Flowers | A Scrapbook Page

Hi everyone. It's Robbie today. I am sharing another layout that I made with the Midday Medley Collection. The layout that I created today shows some of the grown-up side of the collection. I chose to create the layout on a black background and use more vibrant colors to compliment my photo of my daughter and her friends.

NYC Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

I added the vibrant colors in strips. Instead of using the strip from end to end, I chose to cut them and leave a bit of space as a design detail. For me, no matter how simple a design is, the small details are what makes it still special.

After I had my base, I started adding embellishing. Of course, a bit of ribbon and some flowers generally find their way onto most of my pages.

NYC Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

In the next photo, you will see the circles that I made using a mixture of the stamp on circles that were added to a glittery burst that was punched out of the glitter paper. I also punched some tiny flowers and added a bit of bling to the centers. These are just scattered around my page.

DESIGNER TIP | Just in case you decide to look for this punch, I thought I would let you know that it is the punch that was made for punching to cover buttons.

NYC Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

The last details were added to balance the design. I have to admit that I have a hard time sometimes with not filling up the page! I layered some of the Nestable Festival Stickers, a 3D Embellishment, Flowers, Stamps, Etc. I used this area and a bit of all the embellishments that I had used throughout the page on a more clustered small scale to pull the whole layout together.

Finally, it was title time. Because this was an embellishment heavy layout, I chose to use small stickers for my title. The black frame that they are set on is fussy cut from another of the papers.

Also, the Click Click Click dimensional sticker was a must for this page! Although it was meant to speak of a camera, it was also perfect since all the girls were clicking away with their phones.

NYC Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

NYC SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Premium Paper Pads (coming soon), Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit (coming soon), Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Pad, Midday Medley Timeless Stamp Kit

Thanks for stopping by to see my page!
Robbie

0 comments:

Post a Comment