Sunday, June 29, 2014

Frame Your Embellishments

Ok, have I mentioned that I am loving the black trend in scrapbooking? Well, if I did, I am doing it again! Katrina on the 3 Birds Studio blog today to share a layout mixing the Midday Medley and Graceful Season collections!

Today Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbook page #middaymedleyThe minute I saw the framed paper, I knew that THIS was what I wanted to do with it. Those frames were just begging to be cut out and filled with embellishments. I popped in one of the 3D embellishments from the Midday Medley collection in this framed area.

Today Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbook page #middaymedleyBefore we get too far into pictures, I wanted to show you the back of my layout, just so you have an idea of how I did this. I used my Xacto knife to cut out the insides of the frames and then I just backed them with pieces of pattern paper. This is great for scraps you have laying around. I not only backed them, but I popped up the pattern paper pieces with some foam adhesive to give some dimension to my layout.

Today Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbook page #middaymedleyI also used a sticker from the Nestable Festival Sticker set. I love to layer things, and mixing the stickers along with the embellishments is right up my alley! And the 3D Embellishments from the Graceful Season collection, work quite well with the Midday Medley collection.

Today Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbook page #middaymedleyAnd then, of course, the frames are perfect for a little journaling (or a lot?!). You can pick one, or multiple frames to journal in, the choice is yours! I used a Signo Uniball white gel pen for my journaling, in case you were wondering!

Today Scrapbook Page by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbook page #middaymedleyThanks for stopping by today! Be sure to stop by tomorrow, you never know what kind of inspiration you will find here on 3 Birds! And if you would like to come over to my blog, I have a Happy Birthday card to share with you using some of new Midday Medley products that will be launching on HSN in July!

Katrina Hunt - Paper, Scissors and Glue
SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Graceful Seaon Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Midday Medley 12 x 12 Paper Pad (coming soon), Midday Medley 8x8 Glitter Paper Pad (coming soon), 3D Embellishment Kit (coming soon), Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Set

0 comments:

Post a Comment