Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Heritage Scrapbook Page and Midday Medley

Hi friends! It’s Mary Ann here today with a new layout to share using a bit of the Graceful Season collection and also the Midday Medley collection. I am so in love with Midday Medley, the colors are so bright and pretty, and so on -trend. With teals, mustard yellows, pinks and salmons, it sounds like the perfect colors for spring and summer photos. But what about old black and white photos? Yep, Midday Medley is perfect for those too!

For The Record Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

To start my layout, I cut strips of various pieces of the patterned paper, punching a few with a scalloped edge punch and then adhered the strips to the cardstock. To add a bit more color to the white cardstock, I brushed just a bit of paint on the edges, and splattered a little here and there right on top of the paper strips. I really wanted my photo to stand out, so I added the circle and scalloped edge stickers from the Nestable Festival Sticker Pad directly to my photo, then added the photo to my layout. Next I added journaling that I typed on the computer, and the cute “I love this” arrow.

For The Record Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

Since this is an old heritage photo, the “for the record” chipboard seemed like the perfect embellishment piece. I added those cute little clouds just for fun, and a few sequins from my stash.

For The Record Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

FOR THE RECORD by Mary Ann Jenkins

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Pad, Midday Medley 12 x12 Paper & Vellum Pad (coming soon to HSN), Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

Thanks for stopping by the 3 Birds blog today, be sure to stop by again tomorrow to see what Chasity has to share.

Mary Ann

0 comments:

Post a Comment