Thursday, June 19, 2014

Card & Gift Box Set

Hi everyone. It's Robbie today. I am sharing a little gift set that I made using the Midday Medley Set.

Card and Gift Box Set by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #thankyoucard #giftbox

The little card is 5 1/2" x 4 1/2". I like this size of card because it is so easy to embellish and have a stand-out card without spending a whole lot of time making it.

I simply layered a doily and a sticker and added a punched circle to the center of the doily. Next up, I added the bow, tucked together a few flowers and placed the little thank you sticker from the dimensional embellishment kit. Super quick and easy.

Thank You Card by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #thankyoucard

As you can tell by the size of the card, the box is a small trinket box. It actually goes together super quickly also. In fact, I would guess that it took less than 30 minutes to put it together and I'm SLOW!

Thank You Card by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #thankyoucard

Cut strips of paper to the depth of your box and box lid for the sides. Attach them with Fabri-tac. I will tell you that Fabri-tac is terrific for this type of project because it dries quickly and it won't buckle your paper.

Next use the top of the lid to trace your pattern with a pencil and cut it out. It's that quick!

Gift Box by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #giftbox

Now, time for the fun stuff! Decorate the lid using some of the same items on the card. I used the same doily and the same circle in the center. I also echoed the look by adding the same 3 flowers and bow.

Tie a bow around it to close and cut a tiny tag and you're done! Another really quick project! In fact, I would estimate that you could do both of these in well under an hour!

Gift Box by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #giftbox

CARD AND GIFT BOX SET by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Premium Paper Pad (coming soon), Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit (coming soon), Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Pad

Thanks for stopping by to see my project!
Robbie

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty set! Love the green bow and flowers!

    ReplyDelete