Sunday, January 26, 2014

Welcome Jana Eubank to the 3 Birds Studio Design Team

Each day this week we will be spotlighting our new 3 Birds Studio Design Team members to allow you to get to know them better. Our new team is full of amazing talent and includes designers who can do it all. They will be sharing a wide variety of projects right here on our blog including cards, scrapbook pages, mini albums, DIY and craft projects, altered art, and more. You are sure to be inspired.

Today, please join us in welcoming Jana Eubank to our 3 Birds Studio Design Team! Jana is well known for her amazing scrapbook layouts, but when she touches paper, magic happens. Keep reading to learn more about Jana and just how special scrapbooking and paper crafting are in her life.

To see her beautiful creations, please visit her blog: Jana Eubank - My Blog of Crafty Pursuits

Jana Eubank 3 Birds Studio Design Team Member

Growing up in a family that owned a printing/copying business, paper has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I loved to go to my dad’s shop and take home several sheets of beautifully colored paper to create books, cards, and drawings. My love for paper bled over to Mrs. Grossman’s stickers, mini Hello Kitty stationery sets, markers, colored pencils, watercolors, and art classes in school. When I was in high school, my mom attended a scrapbooking home party. She came home and showed us what she had made. I immediately thought to myself, “I want to do that!” Ever since then, I have been scrapbooking in one form or another.

As a mother of young children, I was searching for a creative outlet. I began participating in online challenges and design teams, which helped me to push myself creatively and try new things. This is when scrapbooking started to become a part of my daily life.

My scrapbooking style has a traditional vibe about it with lots of layers and details. I love to add whimsical details, play with color and pattern combinations, and layer on the texture and embellishments. For me, inspiration is everywhere! I love looking at designs in print ads, children’s clothing, and interior decorating. I especially love to study the shapes, color combinations, and textures in interiors and then try to translate those ideas into a scrapbook page. I love working with fresh, happy colors.

My creative process usually begins with the products. I love to mix together the latest-and-greatest with vintage finds or “classic” scrapbook supplies. I select my photos and print them out. I like to use smaller-sized photos so that I have room left over on the page to add other design elements. Next, I pull out the patterned papers and start combining them in layers on my page. I don’t really have a plan. Sometimes I sketch out ideas, but most of the time I just go with the flow. Once I have my basic design in place, I get to my favorite part of the process . . . embellishing! For me, adding the finishing touches to a page is like placing the final dozen pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. I get absorbed with finding “just the right piece” for each corner. I especially love adding dimensional details. It is such a satisfying process for me. And the best part is that at the end of it all, I have created something that pays tribute to something that is most important to me, life with my family.

Scrapbooking has become a part of who I am. If I’m not scrapping, I’m spending time with and creating new memories with my family. I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 daughters and 1 son and have been married to my best friend, Kevin, for 17 years. We live in Bountiful, Utah.

We are so excited to have Jana as a member of our new 3 Birds Design Team. Fly back tomorrow as we introduce another of our new Design Team members.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you on our team and looking forward to seeing what you create and share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to be working with you Jana!

    ReplyDelete