Sunday, November 16, 2014

Quilled Poinsettia Christmas Home Decor Frame

Hello 3 Birds Fans! It's Juliana here and I don't know about you, but I'm definitely getting into the holiday crafting spirit thanks to the new 3 Birds Holiday Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit. I have used this new kit to create quite a few Christmas cards and tags, which I will be sharing with you soon. Today however, I want to share a quilled poinsettia Christmas frame that I created. This is kit doesn't have to only be used for cardmaking and I think this project really showcases the versatility of this kit!

Quilled Poinsettia Merry Christmas Home Decor Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Design

I started with a square frame from my local craft store and removed the glass to make room for the project since the quilled poinsettias are quite dimensional. To create the background, I cut a piece of patterned paper from the Flora Festival Page Kit sized to fit the opening of the frame. Next I adhered one of the holly wreath die cuts from the Holiday Season Quilled Cardmaking kit.

Quilled Poinsettia Merry Christmas Home Decor Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds DesignNext, I created five quilled poinsettias. To create the poinsettias I used one of each color of the red die cut strips in the kit and followed the instructions to create the flowers.

DESIGNER TIP | Clear adhesive dots are a great option for adhering quilled flowers to a project. The eliminate the mess of liquid glue and the danger of hot glue guns.

Quilled Poinsettia Merry Christmas Home Decor Frame by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Design

 

I then added the die cut "Merry Christmas". The final touch was the addition of some of red jewels to create clusters of "berries" on the wreath and on the Merry Christmas.

 

I can't wait to display this festive piece in my home during the holiday season. Do you enjoy creating decorations for the holidays? We'd love to see them!

HUGS!
Juliana

SUPPLIES | Holiday Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit, Flora Festival Page Kit

0 comments:

Post a Comment