Wednesday, November 5, 2014

3 Birds Guest Designer - Raechelle Bellus

Today, we are pleased to welcome and introduce to you our November Guest Designer - Raechelle Bellus  from All Things cRAEtive! She will be sharing several projects with us this month, starting today, and then two other days this month. We are certain that you're going to be inspired by her creativity and talent! We will begin by sharing a little bit about Raechelle wiht you. Below that, you will find a beautiful scrapbook page that she created using our Flora Festival Page Kit.

Raechelle Bellus Guest Designer for 3 Birds Design

Hi! I'm Raechelle Bellus (pronounced Rachel) and I am thrilled to be a Guest Designer for 3 Birds Designs this month! My husband, myself and two youngest daughters took a huge leap of faith this past summer and relocated from Spokane, WA to Rosenberg, TX. It's been an adjustment, especially to the humidity, but we are enjoying the transition. I have been married for almost 16 years and we have a blended family of six children; four who have left the nest and are busy with their careers and/or creating families of their own and two remaining at home, although we will be down to just one shortly. We are a strong military family- my husband served in the Marine Corps, our son in the Army, and three of our daughters represent the Navy; one just got out, one just re-enlisted and one leaves for Basic Training in early December. We also have two sons-in-law who currently serve in the Navy and Army. I homeschool our youngest daughter, which is new for us this year, but it has been a wonderful adventure for us and allows us a lot of flexibility. She suffers from Crohn's Disease, arthritis and Scoliosis and while thankfully she is doing well now, I am a strong advocate for her.

I have been scrapping for about 13 years now and have been published multiple times and served on design teams of all types. I enjoy creating projects of all types, from cards to off-the page pieces. I am inspired most by patterned paper, especially floral prints, woodgrain and stripes. I use a lot of machine stitching and distressing on my projects.

In my free time I like to read and spend time with my family.




For this layout I wanted to create some movement and energy. I began with the Flora Festival Premier Page Kit  and used die cuts to cut the leaves. I then misted them using several colors, curled them and allowed them to dry for dimension. I added several machine-stitched circles to add some visual movement as well. Placing the photo at an angle, I randomly added the leaves and some gold sequins from the Touch of Glimmer kit to give the effect of falling leaves. I finished this off with some of the wonderful chipboard and dimensional stickers from the Flora Festival Premier Page Kit.

Fall Fun Scrapbook Page by Raechelle Bellus Guest Designer for 3 Birds Design

 

SUPPLIES | Flora Festival Page Kit, Touch Of Glimmer Embellishment Kit

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Raechelle!!!!!!! You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you guest designing with us this month Raechelle!!!

    ReplyDelete