Thursday, November 20, 2014

All That Glitters | Using Glitter Paper and Embellishments on a Scrapbook Page

I know we are officially in the cool months of Fall, but I’m going to jump back a season to the warm days of a Summer vacation for the layout I have to share today.

Vacation Flowers Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds DesignTo start my layout, I cut out the shape of Montana using the beautiful gold glitter paper from the Graceful Season 8x8 Glitter Paper Pad and my Silhouette die cutting machine. I love that the paper cuts so smoothly, and is so sparkly too! Next I added the die cut shape to the pretty purple floral paper and added a strip of purple paper to the top of my layout.

Vacation Flowers Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds DesignI paired up the gold and white frame and the cute glitter polka dot bow from the Touch of Glimmer Embellishment Kit along with the purple glitter chipboard journaling shape from the Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Chipboard Kit . (can you see a glitter theme here??) I hand wrote my journaling and layered it and the bow on top of the frame and my photo.

Vacation Flowers Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design

Next I did more layering using the gold glitter arrow with the chipboard star circle and added a title that was also cut from the gold glitter paper using my Silhouette. A few star chipboard pieces, some gold sequins, and a little bit of machine stitching completed my layout. I sure love how pretty the glittery pieces from the paper pads and embellishment kits are and how they all coordinate so well together!

Mary Ann

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season Paper Collection, Midday Medley Paper CollectionTouch of Glimmer Embellishment Kit, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Chipboard Kit

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful page... great use of the glitter! And of course, I love the purple as well.

    ReplyDelete