Monday, August 11, 2014

August Scrapbook Sketch Take 5 | Robbie Herring

Hi everyone! Robbie here today to share my take on the August Scrapbook Sketch! It is such a fun sketch and you can see from the previous posts that each of us had a different vision of it to make it come to life. As I've said in the past, 3 Birds collections are so versatile! Using the same sketch and the same products to come up with such different pages shows just how versatile the collections are!

Sweetest Moment Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design featuring August Scrapbook SketchTo start, I built my background. I used Chasity's fabulous tip using the Xyron Create to adhere the vellum to my page.

Instead of using several triangles to build my corners, I chose to use several strips to mimic the look of the sketch. I combined ribbon, stitching and even quilling strips to complete the look. The quilling strips are perfect to add directly to the page and the scalloped ones add such a cute touch!

Sweetest Moment Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design featuring August Scrapbook SketchNext up, I layered some pieces from the Summer Themed Card Set for some layering around the photo. Instead of using the card 'as is', I fussy cut around the cute scallops.

Sweetest Moment Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design featuring August Scrapbook Sketch

Of course, this is my page, so I added some little felt flowers, a few doilies and some extra stitching to embellish it! The 3D embellishment piece fit perfectly for a little extra touch!

Sweetest Moment Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design featuring August Scrapbook SketchDon't forget that you can play along with us using the August Scrapbook Sketch.  All you have to do is create a project and share it with us on our Facebook page. We will select one person to feature on our 3 Birds Blog and Facebook page in September. Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my project!

Robbie

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Paper Collection, Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit, Midday Medley Themed Card Set (coming soon to HSN), Sticker Flair Kit, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit

0 comments:

Post a Comment