Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Creative Cards

Hi friends! Do you like making cards, or are you like me and have a hard time creating if your project isn’t 12x12? It’s Mary Ann here today, and I actually do like making cards, but sometimes I hit that creative block if it’s not a 12x12 scrapbook layout. So how about a few cards that still use creativity, but are super simple and easy to put together!

First up is this “hello” card that I created. I started with my cardstock base, then added the floral background card from the new 3 Birds Studio Themed Cards Set which is coming to HSN in September.

Hello Card by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds DesignNext, I fussy cut the flower cluster from a coordinating paper, and added it with foam tape. I used alphabet stickers from the new Sticker Flair kit, and sprinkled a bit of glitter from my stash. To finish off the card, I adhered a few gems from the soon to be released Pearlescent & Foil Goodie Box Set. The gems really set it off and add a touch of color and shine!

For my second card, I went with another simple design by using a block pattern made of 1” squares I cut from coordinating papers.

Thank You Card by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds DesignAfter I had all my squares cut, I added them to my card base. Next I layered the two journaling spots from the Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, and topped them off with the vase of flowers piece from the 3D Embellishment Kit.

Thank You Card by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design

So there you have it, two very simple but creative cards! Thanks so much for stopping by the 3 Birds Studio blog today. We love to inspire!

Mary Ann

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit, Midday Medley Paper Collection, For All Seasons Themed Cards (coming soon to HSN), Pearlescent & Foil Goodie Box (coming soon to HSN), Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Sticker Flair Kit

0 comments:

Post a Comment