Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Goodie Box Photo Wreath

Need a fun idea for decorating your teen's room? How about making a photo wreath! It’s Katrina and I have a tutorial to share on how quickly and simply make your own photo wreath that can be used over and over!

Photo Wreath Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design Fun, right?! This idea came from a dear college freshman, who made one for her dorm room from fabric. She had found it on Pinterest. I did my own take on what I had seen of hers. I got a wooden wreath from a craft store to use as my base. I covered the base with Liquid Fabric Fuse Adhesive from Therm O Web, using a foam brush.

Photo Wreath Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design I then laid my base down on the back of a piece of pattern paper from the Midday Medley collection. Trim around the edges with a craft knife.

Photo Wreath Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design An easy way to trim out the middle is to cut an X in it and then trim out each section. If I try to trim out the entire piece, I have a tendency to make a mess!

Photo Wreath Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design My wreath was slightly larger than my sheet of paper (mainly because I didn’t think about it when I bought it!), so I added some extra pieces of paper to make it work out where all the edges were covered.

Photo Wreath Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design

Then I started placing clothespins around the circle to figure out how many I wanted to use.

Photo Wreath Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design Once I had a good idea, then the fun begins with decorating them. Zots Bling from Therm O Web work perfectly to attach those fun Pearlescent & Foil Goodies! They are small enough to fit on the back of the gem, so that you cannot see them.

Photo Wreath Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design Some of the clips I left and just added the gems to, others I cut strips of paper to decorate them and added things here or there.

Photo Wreath Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design I used goodies from the 3D Embellishments sets and from the Sticker Flair kit. So fun to mix and match with the collections.

Photo Wreath Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design Photo Wreath Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design

I alternated which way the clips were facing around the wreath. This way you can have pictures on the inside and outside of the wreath.

Photo Wreath Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design This would be a GREAT first altered project, if you haven’t done altered before. Or a fun thing for a sleepover and everyone could take home a wreath!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Katrina Hunt - Paper, Scissors and Glue

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Paper Collection, Sticker Flair Set, Pearlescent & Foil Goodie Box (Coming SOON to HSN), Midday Medley 3D Embellishment KitGraceful Season Paper Collection, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! Also, I always wondered how minuscule/tiny those tiny glue dots were! Your project, as usual, gives me an idea...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete