Monday, August 4, 2014

August Scrapbook Sketch Take 1 - Juliana Michaels

Happy Tuesday 3 Birds Fans! Juliana here, with my take on the 3 Birds August Scrapbook Sketch. I loved this sketch and really enjoyed creating with it. I find sketches to be a great starting point and source of inspiration when I'm making a scrapbook page. You don't have to follow them exactly and you can take the things you like about it and incorporate those things into your layout. This sketch inspired me so much though that I used it to create two layouts. I made the layout I'm sharing below and another one using 3 photos that I'm sharing on my blog - 17turtles. So make sure you stop by and check it out if you are looking for more ideas on how to use this sketch.

One of the things that I loved about this sketch are the large triangle pieces in each corner. They inspired me to use a lot of different patterns from the Midday Medley Paper Collection. The large diagonal pink stripe in the background, the light blue and the click paper, are "new" sheets of paper that I used for this layout. All of the other pieces are from scraps that I used on other projects. I love to save my scraps, no matter what size they are. If one of my punches can be used on it, then it's worth keeping as far as I am concerned.

Pure Joy Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Design using the Midday Medley Collection The other thing I liked about this sketch are the three circles. They inspired me to use some of the circle stickers from the Midday Medley Nestable Festival. I placed the stickers onto the blue paper and then trimmed around them before I placed them on my layout. The placement of the circles forms a nice visual triangle and helps to keep your eye focused on my photo.

Pure Joy Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Design using the Midday Medley Collection To embellish my page, I used a variety of goodies including stickers from the new Sticker Flair kit and one from the Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit. I also used a couple of soon to be released products. Check out those pearl and foil jewels! Those are from a new Pearlescent and Foil Goodie Box that will be available soon through HSN. Stay tuned here and on our Facebook page for show dates and times!Pure Joy Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Design using the Midday Medley Collection Another new product that I used was the For All Seasons Themed Cards. I used it for my journaling box. These cards are going to be great for everything from pocket page scrapbooking to card making and more!

Pure Joy Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Design using the Midday Medley Collection

Pure Joy Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Design using the Midday Medley Collection I hope you enjoyed my take on the August Sketch! I can't wait to see what you create with it. If you are interested in seeing a multiple photo take on this sketch, stop by my blog.

Remember to share your projects with us on our Facebook page for your chance to be featured on our 3 Birds Blog and Facebook Page!

HUGS!
Juliana

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Premium Paper Collection, Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit, Sticker Flair Kit, Pearlescent and Foil Goodie Box (coming soon to HSN.com) and For All Season Themed Cards (coming soon to HSN.com)

1 comment:

  1. Such a great page and sketch Juliana! :)

    ReplyDelete