Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Quilled Wedding Card

Hi Everyone! Jana Eubank here. I have a friend getting married in a couple of weeks and wanted to honor her special day by creating her a custom wedding card. I pulled out the beautiful Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit and came up with this design.

Wedding Card by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 01

First, I selected my card base. I decided on the purple card with the oval window. On the front of the card, I adhered the green oval frame piece into place and then used my sewing matching to stitch along the white line of the die cut. I also added a matching stitched border around the edge of the card front.

Next I needed a sentiment for my card. I chose the “Congratulations” pennant and “Better Together” 3D sticker and placed them at the bottom of the oval window. Next, I adhered the banner die cut across the top of the card. I love how the banner ties all of the colors together. For a bit more dimension and detail, I added a few small, white pearl stickers from my stash to the banner and 3D sentiment sticker.

Wedding Card by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 02

Next, I used the quilling tool to create three coordinating flowers. I grouped them together above the top right corner of the pennant along with several of the leaf die cuts from the kit. Here’s a closer look. Aren’t they fun?!

Wedding Card by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 04

I wanted a pop of color to show through the oval window. Inside I placed a 4x6 stitched rectangle of aqua patterned paper (from the 6x6 Premium Paper Pad). At the top of this rectangle, I placed another die cut banner. I just love the sentiments in this kit! They make card making so easy!

I created the wedding couple using a digital die cutting machine, gray cardstock, and the 6x6 paper pads. I love how the accents of purple foil paper add the perfect amount of sparkle … making this image extra-special!

Wedding Card by Jana Eubank for 3 Birds Studio 03

A WEDDING CARD by Jana Eubank

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit, Graceful Season 6 x 6 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6 x 6 Foil Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit

I love the window cards included in the Quilled Cardmaking Kit! They are the perfect way to highlight a special image or sentiment. I know I will pull out this kit again and again for all kinds of occasions.

Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. […] up on two blogs today with a couple of new projects. First, I have a wedding card over on the 3 Birds Design blog using their really fun Quilled Cardmaking kit and a wedding cut from the Creative Memories Cricut […]

    ReplyDelete