Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Total Fave and Layering Elements For Added Dimension

Hello friends! It’s Mary Ann Jenkins here today to share my first project for 3 Birds Studio, using the brand new Graceful Season collection. I know you are going to love Graceful Season. The colors are so rich and vibrant, with beautiful patterns and designs! I have a great tip to share on how to layer different elements to give your projects some eye-catching dimension. I used this tip on the layout I am sharing with you here today and on a card that is up on my blog (i rock paper & scissors).

Total Fave Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio

To start my layout, I chose papers and embellishments that coordinated with my photo. The Graceful Season collection has three different color schemes, so I mixed and matched piece by piece from the different color schemes. 

Total Fave Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio detail 2

DESIGNER TIP | LAYERING ELEMENTS FOR ADDED DIMENSION

And now for some added dimension, just enough to catch your eye and add that extra layer of cuteness! I started with the chipboard journaling spot and added the floral spray, both from the Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set. Next I layered on the small little flower from the 3D Embellishment Kit. Don’t you just love how it looks?!

Total Fave Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Studio detail 1

TOTAL FAVE by Mary Ann Jenkins

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit

Thanks so much for stopping by the 3 Birds Studio blog today. Now, head on over to my blog to check out the Hello There card I created using the Graceful Season collection and the layered elements tips that I shared with you today!

2 comments:

  1. Your page looks great! Love all the layers and the depth it creates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page Mary Ann! I love the way you layered the patterned paper strips over your background paper!

    ReplyDelete