Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Let's Visit Chevron Background Paper

Hey everyone! Katrina Hunt here for my very first post on the 3 Birds Design blog and I am so excited to be here. I hope you are enjoying seeing the new collection “Graceful Season”. I know I have had fun creating projects to share with you.


If you read my design team bio, you know that my dogs are a big subject for my scrapbooking projects. So you have been warned that you will see a lot of them! I like to document some of the things we do with them and this layout does just that.


Katrina Hunt Lets Visit Scrapbook Page


TUTORIAL | CHEVRON BACKGROUND PAPER


I loved the chevron paper that is in the collection, but I wanted to add a little more color. I quickly measured and traced one of the larger chevrons and created a pattern to use from some scrap cardstock. I cut out the pattern and then traced it on the back side of the orange patterned paper and hand-cut the chevron shape.


Katrina Hunt Lets Visit Scrapbook Page


After I cut out the orange one, I figured out the placement of it on the background paper. Then, I decided that I needed to add another chevron for more “pop” and decided to use the black floral paper for another chevron. I used the same pattern and traced it onto the black floral paper and cut it out. Once I figured out the placement for both chevrons, I used foam adhesive to pop the layers up slightly.


Katrina Hunt Lets Visit Scrapbook PageOnce, my base background was finished, it was all about the fun of layering and embellishing. There are so many embellishments; I had trouble just picking a few. One trick I like to use (and you will see this a lot) is to stack multiple embellishments.


Katrina Hunt Lets Visit Scrapbook PageI loved this picture that I took of their pet therapy I.D. tags, and I wanted to show it close to the title. I did a mixture of the 6x6 pad, chipboard embellishments and the chipboard letters to create my title.


Katrina Hunt Lets Visit Scrapbook Page


LET'S VISIT by Katrina Hunt


SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x12 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Paper Pad, Graceful Season Foil Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Set, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set


Thanks for stopping by the 3 Birds Design blog today. I hope I have inspired you to create something fabulous! Be sure to stop by the 3 Birds Design Facebook page and share your creations with us!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial!!! I'm going to try this on my layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, this is a really cool page! Love seeing your four legged babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you did with the chevron paper, Katrina! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade chevron paper!!! Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Katrina!! Love how you created the Chevron background and layered your photos and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete