Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quilling Anyone?

Quilling anyone? Have you ever tried it? I admit, I was nervous to even attempt it, but 3 Birds Design Quilled Cardmaking Kit makes it easy. Katrina here today and I have a card that I made from the Cardmaking kit. There is an instruction booklet that tells you how to start on your quilling adventure. Plus, there are lots of supplies in there, so if you don’t get it right the first time, you can try again.


Katrina Hunt Enjoy Your Day Card for 3 Birds Studio 01I wanted to make a little scene on my card and I knew that I wanted to use the quilled cloud that was in there. Plus, it was good practice to make different sizes of the circles. I made my cloud and set it to the side to dry. You will have to do this with anything that you quill and then place it into your project later.


Katrina Hunt Enjoy Your Day Card for 3 Birds Studio 02I then set to work making the snail. He is easy, so don’t be afraid to try! I love that everything is included in the kit. Here you can see, I used a piece of the scalloped quilling paper to create my grass.


Katrina Hunt Enjoy Your Day Card for 3 Birds Studio 03The card that was in the kit had a window precut out of it, so I just backed it with a piece of paper from the Graceful Season 6x6 Mini pad. Then I created my scene on that. The banner, card, frame around the cutout and tag all come in the kit. I love that basically everything was included, so that I really had to add was some adhesive and twine!


Katrina Hunt Enjoy Your Day Card for 3 Birds Studio 04ENJOY YOUR DAY CARD by Katrina Hunt


SUPPLIES | Graceful Seasons 6x6 Mini Pad, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit


If you have never tried quilling, you should jump in! I loved it, it looks really neat, and isn’t as hard as it looks like it might be! I have a layout over on my personal blog (Paper Scissors and Glue) that uses an item from the Graceful Season collection that has an element from the Quilled Cardmaking Kit on it too. You have to love products that can do double duty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment