Thursday, February 27, 2014

Creating Your Own Layered Embellishments

Hello and Happy Friday 3 Birds Fans! Juliana Michaels here with a scrapbook page and tutorial on how to create your own layered embellishments using pieces from the Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Kit.Happiness Right Here Layout by Juliana Michaels for 3Birds Studio 01

The layout begins with a simple design of 3 strips of patterned paper positioned to create the base for the photo, journaling and other embellishments. I fussy cut the large floral pattern from a piece of patterned paper and placed it along the right hand side of the photo. I used the scrap from this floral piece to mat my photo. Then, I layered pieces from the Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Kit to create the cluster on the bottom right hand side.

Happiness Right Here Layout by Juliana Michaels for 3Birds Studio 02

The journaling piece is from the 6x6 Paper Pad and was the perfect size to add to the left hand side of my photo to begin to balance the fussy cut floral piece and chipboard cluster on the right hand side.

Although this helped, I still felt like I needed something for the upper left hand corner of the photo to finish the layout. That is when I decided to create my own embellishment using a combination of pieces from the Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Kit.

Happiness Right Here Layout by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 03

TUTORIAL | CREATING YOUR OWN LAYERED EMBELLISHMENT

I began by selecting the banner chipboard piece and foil 3D flower sticker. I liked the idea of creating a small vertical banner to hang on the upper left corner of the photo, so I cut two small pieces from patterned paper to create the banner.

Creating Your Own Layered Embellishment Tutorial by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 01

Next, I positioned the chipboard banner on top of the patterned paper banner.

Creating Your Own Layered Embellishment Tutorial by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 03

Then I placed the flower sticker on top of it, but I didn't like how the banner stuck out so far on each side of the flower.Creating Your Own Layered Embellishment Tutorial by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 04

My solution, was to cut the chipboard banner, removing a small section in the middle. Creating Your Own Layered Embellishment Tutorial by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 05 I then placed the newly cut chipboard banner back into place on the patterned paper.Creating Your Own Layered Embellishment Tutorial by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 06After I placed the flower sticker in position, I was pleased with how the banner didn't stick out so far any more and the sticker covered up the modification I did to the chipboard piece.
Creating Your Own Layered Embellishment Tutorial by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Studio 07

HAPPINESS RIGHT NOW by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12x12 Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Paper Pad, Graceful Season Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit and Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Kit

This is such a quick and easy way to create your own layered embellishments when the pieces you have aren't exactly working for you. Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this simple and easy tutorial on creating your own layered embellishments!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout. I love how you have created your own clusters and embellishments. Sometimes we have to think out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and I totally agree about thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page and great tips!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page! I love it!

    ReplyDelete