Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just Because Quilled Card and Pillow Boxes

Hi! It's Robbie today to share my latest project with you. For my project today, I used the Quilled Cardmaking Kit. Let me tell you, it is TERRIFIC! It is loaded with quilling strips and so many different cards and sentiment pieces to make card making.  It not only makes it easy, but it allows you to create fabulous cards that you will be happy to share! I've enjoyed making this so much, that I created another set to share with you and you can see it on my blog - Just The Scrap!

I also created a couple of little pillow boxes to go with the card. The Quilled Card Kit is great for other projects, too. It perfectly coordinates with the rest of the Graceful Season Collection.

 Just Because Card Set by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season

Included in the kit are shadowbox cards. These are great and easy to assemble. I should mention here that I've never done Quilling before, but also included is a really easy to follow instructions for both the quilling and card assembly. Want more? Well, the tools you need are in there, too!

The scalloped pieces are fun to use in other ways, too. I added the scalloped pieces to the inside of the card for a bit of extra detail.

Just Because Card by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season

I want to share couple of details that I figured out to make it easy for me to attach everything to the shadow boxes. Since these aren't flat, I found it helpful to build my flower and leaves on top of small punched circle. When making the leaves, I followed the included directions, but left a small amount of paper at the end. I attached it to the bottom of the flower as shown. By doing it this way, I was able to attach the leaves without worrying about glueing them to the box.

Robbie Herring Just Because Pillow Box detail 1 by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season

For this little flower bud cluster, I started by folding one piece of the green paper in half and curling the ends for each cluster. I added the other pieces to the inside of the fold and then glued the fold closed. I liked the way that this hid all the end pieces so that the cluster looked neater. The basic instructions for all the pieces are include in the instructions. I simply tweaked them to suit my personal idea.

Robbie Herring Just Because Pillow Box detail 2 by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Studio using Graceful Season

JUST BECAUSE CARD SET by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6 x 6 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit

Hopefully, you've picked up a couple of tips today that will make it easier if you also haven't quilled before. Since I'm so new to this, I would love to hear any tips you have, too! Feel free to share them because I think that quilling is something that I'm going to do a lot more of!

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my project today and don't forget to drop by my blog to see another example of a shadow box card set.

1 comment: