Monday, February 17, 2014

Jumping Into Altered Projects

Do altered projects scare you? Or do you just jump right in? Katrina here, and I am a jump in kind of girl. With the Graceful Season collection, it’s easy to create something altered, since everything is coordinated! I am sharing an altered canvas here today.

Do More Canvas by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio

I started by covering the canvas with the green paper, using matte medium gel. This is a thick type of glue that works great for canvas work. I tend to make the edges of the canvas look as nice as I can, by either wrapping the paper around to the back, or for example mitering the corner like you see here. Kind of like wrapping a present!

Do More Canvas by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio detail 1

I knew I wanted to have a big bow on this canvas. The papers made me want one! So, I cut one out of a file on my Silhouette and finally decided that I wanted to place it at the top of the canvas. I embellished the middle of the bow with that cute little glitter, sparkly chipboard flower. There were several I could have used, but I liked the way this one looked.

Do More Canvas by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio detail 2

The canvas was longer than 12 inches, so I covered the extra by punching three borders out of various papers and layering them at the bottom. I then added some chipboard, popped up with foam adhesive for a little embellishment to the area.

Do More Canvas by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio detail 3I loved this quote, so I cut it out and then backed it with various scraps of paper to make the wording stand out. I added the little pointing finger chipboard to the “o” on the word “of”. It just seemed to fit right there perfectly.

Do More Canvas by Katrina Hunt  for 3 Birds Studio detail 4
DO MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE by Katrina Hunt


SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x12, Graceful Season 6x6  Paper Pads and Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil set


That’s all I have for you today here on the 3 Birds Design blog.  I have a little something with the same quote using the Graceful Season collection over on my personal blog - Paper Scissor and Glue!  Head on over to see how I used the same quote on a scrapbook layout.  I hope you enjoyed my canvas. The canvas is now hanging in my office at work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment