Thursday, May 15, 2014

Scrapbooking Our Pets

Having a pet is a relatively new thing for me. At least an indoor pet! We have a horse, but I have always considered him to be my husband's since he is the one who rides him. Now that we have Milo, I really feel like I have a pet. He is a 10 year old Golden Retriever that we adopted last fall from some friends. Anyone who knows me can't believe that I  have an 80 plus pound, long haired dog living in my home. But, the moment I met him, I fell in love with him and he has become such a joy and blessing in our lives.

Our Story Begins Here Scrapbook Page by Juliana Michaels for 3 Birds Design #3birdsdesign #scrapbookpage #middaymedley

With that being said, I have of course been creating some scrapbook pages about him and the one I am sharing with you today was inspired by the title sticker. When I saw the "Our Story Begins Here" sticker in the Midday Medley Nestable Sticker Pad, I knew it would be the perfect title piece to use with this photo of me and Milo on the first day he came to live with us.

Our-Story-Begins-Here-Scrapbook-Page-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-Midday-Medley-02

To create the layout, I added splatters of ink to the background paper. Once the ink was dry, I added an entire section of stickers from the Nestable Sticker Pad. I adhered them onto a piece of cream colored cardstock before I attached them to my layout. Next, I added a few strips of patterned paper (from the upcoming Midday Medley 12x12 Paper Pad) and chipboard from the Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter and Foil Chipboard. I love how these collections coordinate and mix so well! I also added some machine stitching with black thread.

Our-Story-Begins-Here-Scrapbook-Page-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-Midday-Medley-04

I thought you might enjoy seeing a close up of the foil on the Nestables! I love the shimmer and shine it adds to my page!

Our-Story-Begins-Here-Scrapbook-Page-Juliana-Michaels-3-Birds-Studio-Midday-Medley-05

OUR STORY BEGINS HERE SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter and Foil Chipboard, Midday Medley Nestable Festival Sticker Pad, Midday Medley 12x12 Paper Pad

Do you have pets? Do you scrapbook about them? We'd love to see your pages! You can share them anytime on our 3 Birds Facebook page!!!

HUGS!
Juliana

1 comment: