Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Choosing Colors When Scrapbooking

Hi everyone. It's Robbie today. I am sharing another layout that I made with the Graceful Season Collection. Today's layout is all about using your photo to direct color choices in your paper and embellishments.

Mommy's Girl Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

In this case, the main colors of the clothes they are wearing helped me to choose the background paper colors. Moms shirt went perfectly with the blue floral paper and the girls dresses are primarily purple, so I chose the purple paper to frame the photo.

Mommy's Girl Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

In this photo, you will see that the peach flowers don't actually match the paper choices or embellishments. They do compliment, but because of peach in the girls' dresses, they make a good color choice. They also add a nice contrast.

Mommy's Girl Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

Because I added the peach flowers, I chose to include a peach ribbon. I also added a lavender gingham ribbon and used bows on each side of the photo to frame it.

Mommy's Girl Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Collection HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

I finished the look by adding quilled circles and an extra sentiment from the Card Kit. Since this is a Mother's Day photo, the choices were easy when it came to sentiments and the title.

MOMMY'S GIRL SCRAPBOOK PAGE by Robbie Herring

SUPPLIES |Graceful Season 12 x 12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit

Thanks for stopping by to see my page!

Robbie

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I love the color combo with the photos. I am a color & theme scrapper, so the colors of the photos is what I rely on heavily. Again, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete