Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hello You Box Card and Midday Medley Stamp Kit

It’s Katrina here on the blog today. I was super excited when I saw the new Midday Medley Timeless Stamp Set. First of all, I love the idea of stamping, but hate the idea of messing up and trying to figure out how to cut out a stamped image to use. This kit makes it so easy since the die cuts for the stamp shapes are included! Just stamp on the die cut and you are ready to create!

Hello You Box Card by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Midday Medley Stamp Kit HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

I have seen these box cards around the internet and wanted to create one. It was easy for me using my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file. Let’s take a closer look at the elements.

I created a little scene for the pop up part of the card. I used the Graceful Season 3D Embellishment kit and Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil set along with the Midday Medley Timeless Stamp kit to do this. I knew I wanted an everyday type of card, so I started with the “hello” stamp. I stamped the hello on the pre-made die cut and attached it to part of a banner that I had from the 3D Embellishment set.

Hello You Box Card by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Midday Medley Stamp Kit HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

Then I added a flower cluster from the Sticky Sparkly Glitter Foil chipboard set as an accent to the “hello”. This is on a lower level, but I did use foam adhesive to pop it up a bit.

Hello You Box Card by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Midday Medley Stamp Kit HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

Then I decided I wanted to add the word you and the front flap was perfect for that. I just used another cut file and sized it to fit the flap. I cut it from a scrap of the flower paper that I had left from a 12 x 12 sheet and then created a shadow for it from a scrap of 6x6. I created the shadow darker to make the word stand out.

Hello You Box Card by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Midday Medley Stamp Kit HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

And I am kind of “in love” with the camera stamp. I colored one of the camera die cuts and then just stamped on top of it. The die cuts take color mediums wonderfully!

Hello You Box Card by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Midday Medley Stamp Kit HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

And here, you can see that the card folds flat for giving. Just grab an envelope and you are good to go!

Hello You Box Card by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season Midday Medley Stamp Kit HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com

HELLO YOU BOX CARD by Katrina Hunt

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12 x12 & 6 x 6 paper pads, Graceful Seasons Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil set, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Midday Medley Timeless Stamp Kit

Thanks for stopping by the 3 Bird’s Studio blog today. I hope you enjoyed my project with the new stamping kit! To see another example of a box card using 3 Birds products, stop by my blog - Paper, Scissors and Glue!

Katrina Hunt

1 comment: