Thursday, May 22, 2014

Midday Medley Glitter Paper

It’s Mary Ann here today with a layout to share using the brand new Midday Medley collection. I am so in love with this new collection, it has a lot of my “go to” colors, pretty teals, yellows, pinks and bright summery orange too! One of my favorites from the collection is the new Midday Medley Glitter Paper Pad, with sparkly-glittery-shiny papers in 5 amazing colors. For my layout, I used the beautiful silver for the clouds and title.

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins 3 Birds Studio #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

I’ll have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about using the glitter paper in my Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine, but I finally gave in and gave it a try, and I must say the paper cut like butter! It cut perfectly, just like I was cutting a patterned paper or cardstock, and the best part, no loose glitter flying all over!! (Those of you that have tried other glitter papers know what I’m talking about) My Silhouette Cameo has a setting for glitter cardstock, so I did make sure to use that option, and also the double cut feature. After cutting the clouds, I added foam adhesive tape to the back to give them a bit of dimension on my layout.

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins 3 Birds Studio #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

And now that I’ve shown you the front of my layout, how about showing you the back?? I know most of the time we never show the back, but here’s how mine looks.

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins 3 Birds Studio #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

DESIGNER TIP | I cut out a large portion from the center of the hexagon paper since it would be covered by the cute cloud paper. I didn’t measure anything specific, just used my paper trimmer to cut out a large square.

From the piece I removed, I was able to cut the 2 clouds I used on the layout, and still have a large piece to use on another project too. This is a great way to make your pretty papers go further, and is especially nice when it’s a paper you love and want to be able to use every single little piece.

EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING by Mary Ann Jenkins

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley 8x8 Glitter Paper Pad, 12x12 Midday Medley Paper & Vellum Pad, Midday Medley 3-D Embellishment Kit

Thanks so much for stopping by the 3 Birds blog today, we love to inspire!

Mary Ann

0 comments:

Post a Comment