Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Quilled Mother's Day Frame

Mother's Day is coming soon and I thought I would share a hand made project that I created for my Mom to let her know just how much I love her. I created it using the Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit.All That I Am Mother's Day  Quilled Frame by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com #3birdsdesign #mothersday #quilling

I was inspired to create this shadow box piece after seeing this beautiful watercolor art print. I decided to replace the watercolor flowers with quilled flowers using a combination of the die cut and straight quilled pieces that come in the Quilled Cardmaking Kit. The 8x8 shadow box frame was purchased from my local craft store.

Yao Cheng Design

Source


Because I wanted to create this as a gift for my Mom, I thought it would be nice to use a Mother themed quote in the center of the flowers. I found this quote by Abraham Lincoln and thought it was perfect:

All I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.


 

I created a digital cut file for the quote to use with my Silhouette Cameo and then cut it from a piece of gold foil paper from the Graceful Season 6x6 Foil Paper Pad. You can visit my blog to download this cut file for FREE!

All That I Am Mother's Day  Quilled Frame by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com #3birdsdesign #mothersday #quilling

I then set about the task of make all of the quilled flowers. This took some time, but I find making them somewhat relaxing, so I didn't mind it at all.

All That I Am Mother's Day  Quilled Frame by Juliana Michaels 3 Birds Studio Graceful Season HSN.com 3birdsdesign.com #3birdsdesign #mothersday #quillingI adhered the words with clear liquid adhesive before I attached the flowers using them same adhesive.

DESIGNER TIP | To help determine the position of the flowers and words I first laid them out on a piece of patterned paper cut to fit the inside of the frame. I then took a photo of it with my phone and used the photo as a reference for adhering the flowers.

Determing the position for the words and flowersQUILLED MOTHERS DAY FRAME by Juliana Michaels

SUPPLIES | Graceful Season 12x12 Premium Paper Pad, Graceful Season 6x6 Foil Paper Pad, Graceful Season Quilled Cardmaking Kit

I hope you are inspired to create something for your Mom this Mother's Day and don't forget that you can download the cut file for the quote for FREE on my blog!

HUGS!
Juliana

 

5 comments:

  1. This is just Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Juliana! AND you quilled!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazingly gorgeous! Thank you so much for your great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Juliana, I can't believe all those beautiful flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete