Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Happiness Found | September Sketch Challenge

We’ve been sharing layouts made with the September sketch all this week here on the 3 Birds Studio blog, and today is my day to share! I don’t make a whole lot of two page layouts, but when I do, using a sketch sure helps because it gives me an idea of where to place my photos to get the most out of both pages.

Happiness Found Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design using the September SketchAs you can see, I picked different elements from the sketch to follow, but moved some of them around. Instead of placing the stripes behind the photos, I instead added one stripe to the top of my pages. I also still used a background piece behind my photos, but changed the size of it.

Happiness Found Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design using the September SketchFor the left side of my layout, I used the same amount of photos as shown on the sketch, (this is where a sketch comes in handy!) but changed the size of the photos, and also the placement of the embellishments. The new Pearlescent & Foil gems were perfect for a touch of glimmer and shine!

Happiness Found Scrapbook Page by Mary Ann Jenkins for 3 Birds Design using the September SketchOn the right side of my layout, I still used the same number of photos, but, I printed the four photos all together as one large 6x6 photo. I followed the sketch to place the 3D embellishment and red foil gems, but added those to the bottom of my journaling instead the top.

DESIGNER TIP | I like collecting patches from the different places we visit. These make great custom embellishments to add to your layouts.

Thanks for stopping by the 3 Birds Studio blog today; we would love to see how you use the sketch. Be sure to share them with us on our Facebook page!
Mary Ann

SUPPLIES |  Pearlescent & Foil Goodie Box Set, Graceful Season Paper Collection, Graceful Season 3D Embellishment Kit, Graceful Season Sticky Sparkly Glitter & Foil Set

0 comments:

Post a Comment