Sunday, September 28, 2014

Touch of Glimmer Cards with Bow Tutorial

Have you SEEN the new Touch of Glimmer kit yet? I am in love with it and so I'm featuring it here on the blog today. I wanted to show you how easy it is to create elegant cards with just a few pieces from the kit. Also, I am going to show you how to make the bows that come in the kit!

Touch of Glimmer Cards by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignHow fun and elegant are those cards?! There are lots of elements to play with in the kit. The bows actually come in three pieces and you have to piece them together.

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignYou can make bows that are “poofy” as I like to call them, or you can choose to make flat ones. My cards feature one of each. My step-outs show how to make the poofy one, but all you would do for the flat one is just flatten the bow.

First use your fingers to curl the main part of the bow, just kind of roll it a little until you get a nice curl in it. Then place an adhesive dot in the center on the back of the bow. I used Zots by ThermOWeb in the small size for piecing my bow together.

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignFold in the ends of the bow and adhere them to the dot in the center of your bow. Don’t flatten if you want poofy, just carefully curl the ends toward the middle. If you want flat, just smash it down!

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignTo cover the center, you will use the small rectangle piece. I used around 3 to 4 adhesive dots to completely cover my rectangle. Then you will just fold this over the center of the bow and adhere the ends.

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignUse the remaining piece and attach it to the side of the bow that has the seam of the center piece showing. Now you have a cute bow, which we are going to make cuter by putting on a card!

I used one of the shaped tags in the kit and cut it half to make it go further. The middle will be covered up by another tag.

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignAdd another tag from the kit to cover the middle and then attach your bow at the top. I just used some mounting squares, because they were the perfect size and I needed something bigger than the Zots that I had been using.

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignTime to put the finishing touches on. There is also chipboard that comes in the kit. It is not self adhesive, which I love! You can choose what adhesive you want to put on there. I like to use 3D foam adhesive for chipboard, so this works out great that the chipboard will not stick to your project, only where you have put it!

Touch of Glimmer Bow Tutorial by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignSo, lets see some close ups!

Touch of Glimmer Cards by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignThat cute bow up close!

Touch of Glimmer Cards by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds DesignAnd then my other card, where the bow is flattened.

Touch of Glimmer Cards by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design

Touch of Glimmer Cards by Katrina Hunt for 3 Birds Design

I focused on the gold in the kit, but there is also silver for you silver lovers! Thanks for stopping by the 3 Birds Studio blog today. And I hope you pick up the Touch of Glimmer kit soon!

Katrina Hunt - Paper, Scissors and Glue

SUPPLIES | Touch of Glimmer Kit

1 comment: